Tickets are now available for Derby Reads, our Festival programme launch event in QUAD on Tuesday 11 April at 6pm for 6.30 – 7.30pm. As well as sharing the highlights of this year’s Festival with readings from some of the wonderful books and authors to be featured, we will also announce the winning stories in this year’s Flash Fiction Writing Competition. The Derby Reads event is FREE, but ticketed. Book your place now.
Congratulations to our 1000th subscriber to this eshot, Kirsty Meehan! Kirsty is the winner of two tickets to our Opening Event with Sebastian Faulks.
Museum events announced Derby Museums have been one of our key partners since our first Festival and details of the Festival events they are hosting are now online. These include:
- Mary, Queen of Scots with David Templeman on Saturday 10 June
- The Derby Book Fair at The Silk Mill on Saturday 10 June
- Museum Sleepover: Dahl Delights (for 7 to 12 year olds) on Saturday 10 June
- Joseph Wright of Derby Book Launch on Saturday 10 June
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party on Sunday 11 June
- Special Hansons’ Valuation Day for Books and printed treasures on Wednesday 14 June
Plus the Festival Lunch with Dame Jenni Murray in The Silk Mill on Tuesday 13 June. Some of these events are FREE. All the others can be booked from 11 April at the Festival Box Office in QUAD or online from the Festival website.